Poker is a highly entertaining card game that has become a staple in both land-based and online casinos. If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy this popular game, get ready to raise the stakes and payouts in casino stud poker!

What is Casino Stud Poker?

Alternatively known as Caribbean Stud Poker, this table game has a similar set of mechanics to Caribbean Draw Poker. It also involves the five-card hand deal that can reward you handsomely in every round.

The sole but crucial difference between the two poker variations is that Caribbean Draw Poker allows you to discard and draw 2 additional cards to improve your hand. In casino stud poker, the five-card hand you’re dealt with is all you’ve got against the dealer for more challenging and exciting gameplay.

Casino Stud Poker Rules

It is played with a single deck of 52 cards. Whoever gets the best five-card poker hand between you and the dealer wins. You also have the additional chance to win a progressive jackpot payout as a side wager.

You can fold or raise the bet to twice the ante’s value before the dealer compares hands. The house edge of this game can reach up to 2.56%.

Casino Stud Poker Gameplay

To start, you need to place an ante and a side wager (optional). From the five cards given to you afterward, you must determine your next move. If you don’t want to play the hand, you can just fold and place your cards face down.

If you think that your hand will beat the dealer, you can double your ante. The following table contains the payout you can obtain from a corresponding hand:

Royal Flush100:1
Straight Flush50:1
Four of a Kind20:1
Full House7:1
3 of a Kind3:1
Two Pair2:1
Other Hands1:1

Winning in Casino Stud Poker

You can follow one simple rule to gain more wins in casino stud poker. The concept involves raising the hand if you’ve been dealt a pair or higher. You can use this strategy when you’ve been dealt A, K, J, 8, 3, or better.

Anything less should be folded. If you fold your hand whenever you have less than the above, you should fold your hand 47.5% on average. The remaining 52.5% of the hands you are dealt with will be raising hands.

Winning in casino stud poker is easy when you fully know how to use this winning concept. Learn firsthand about Play’n GO’s Casino Stud Poker at an RTP of 94.78%.

Discover your next favorite game in where you can choose from Roulette to Five Star Power Reels and play anytime and anywhere you want!